Saturday, August 23, 2008

9 days and counting

Mom's Lillies. Life is beautiful even when chaotic :)

Its hard to believe that our date of departure for Dads surgery at Duke is only 9 days away. When this all started it seemed like waiting all the way through the month of August would be hell. It hasn't been easy, but it's definately gone faster than I thought that it would.

Of course, I'm scared. Who wouldn't be? But at the same time, I am fully aware that this situation is out of my hands and I have a secure feeling that everything will turn out ok. I am looking forward to seeing dad be able to get back to doing the things that he enjoys so much. I can't wait to go through the holidays this year with everyone healthy and happy. I have a strong feeling that this is going to be one of the best Christmases of my life.

Dad used to sing this song all the time when I was a kid. The chorus was "Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe and to love you." The song starts out with the words "If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass. Can't think of anything I need." This entire journey with dad has really openned my eyes to the truth in that song. Sometimes all I need is the air that I breathe, and to love the people that mean the most to me. But at the same time, If I could make a wish, there is no chance in hell that I would pass right now. I can definately say that there is something that I need and we all know what it is. Hopefully our super surgeon at Duke can give me what I need and three weeks from now, I hope to be able to say that if I could make a wish, I would pass.

Keep dad in your thought and prayers, and I'll do my best to keep everyone updated.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

I love the pic you have posted with this, it's wonderful. Of course I am drunk right now so everything is w onderful. I love you and I miss you and one day soon I will be by for a visit. I hate to know you are dealing with so much and I feel I am not t here for you, but I love ya none the less...very drunk...Nilla`

Anonymous said...

I miss you, drunk or sober, darling.I hope that life is rolling along well for you. We will get together when I get back from Raleigh. I know that you are here for me (maybe not physically, but emotionally), so don't feel bad about that. I know you love me, and I love you. I'm sure I'll see you soon babe. Its great to hear from you. :)

Rach