Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank you Dr. Sampson!!

THE TUMOR IS GONE!!!! Dad got out of surgery today at about 4:00 pm. The surgery only lasted 8 hours, opposed to the 10-12 hours which we were expecting. Dr. Sampson was able to get the entire tumor out.

I got to see day for a short while in the ICU around 7 this afternoon and he was awake and alert, although he was pretty cranky and a little confused which were expected side effects of the anesthesia. He was making jokes and giving the nurses hell. He has some swelling, another thing that we were told was inevitable with this type of operation. The swelling should subside a lot tonight and in the coming days and he we be moved from ICU or sent home.

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind words, well wishes, and prayers. It means more than you could know. Just one move favor, lets all send some prayers and positive energy out there in hopes that he will be able to come home as soon as possible. He has already made it clear that he is ready to get back to the "Ponderosa".

3 comments:

Nilla said...

I am so glad and relived to hear this. I am at work so I have to make this short. I love ya and I am glad this is all over with I know it has taken a lot out on you and your family. SMOOCHES!!!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news. I'll keep praying! I hope he gets to come home soon!

Anonymous said...

Go Dad, GO!

I am learning, (not that I always like it!)........

There IS A PLAN! We mere HUMANS, can NOT "CONTROL IT", we have to learn what "GRACE" is all about and learn to DEAL!

At the end of Aug.,I turned 47! I had some one ask, "Oh, are you 19?"
I said, No I am 47 & proud of it & can't wait to be 50, 55 75 or 80! My body, my energy level may have slowed down since I WAS 19, but... I am not afraid to admit my age! We have only 2 choices..... to get older OR NOT! Sign me up for being an "Old Bag"!

A sign from God, you wonder? Why would you think GOD would send you a sign? I CAN TELL YOU WHY!

BECAUSE, HE LOVES YOU, YOUR DAD, MOM, BROTHER, MAT & ALL OF US!

You did get a sign! Enjoy that & be GREATFUL!

DAD WILL RIDE AGAIN!

CRANK THAT HARLEY & KEEP IT WARM!

YIPPY!

I WANT A RIDE!

love ya girl!
Keep the FAITH & HOPE!

:) Just Jayne!