Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lovely Rita, Meter Maid




I went with my friend, Lex, VERY early this morning to adopt a dog from the animal shelter. I thought that it would be something fun and positive, and I am always up for any kind of shopping for dogs. There is nothing more fun than bringing a dog home and letting them become a part of your family. He has been talking about getting a dog for a while, and he has a beautiful cabin in the woods of Saluda that would be a paradise for anything furry with four legs.


When we got to the shelter, Lex was immediatly smitten with a lovely Mutt named Susie. He HAD to have her. The feeling was mutual. From the second that she was taken out to of the kennel so that Lex could walk her around and get a feel for her personality she was stuck to him like glue and wouldn't leave his side. We went through all the paperwork and before we knew it we had Susie in the car and ready to see her new home. Of course, the name Susie just had to go. I am very close to a human Suzi, so that would have been weird. Plus the name just didnt fit her. Lex settled on Rita, which strangely fits :) Rita had only been in the shelter for three days, she was reliqueshed (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) by her family for reasons that we dont know. She's cute as a button, but needs to fatten up a little :) She LOVES riding in the car, as you can see:) It is amazing how quikly she has bonded to Lex and I can't wait for her to meet our dogs, Waylon and Audrey. I have a feeling that she and Waylon are gonna be best buds. She comes when you call her, hopefully she will teach Waylon how to do that!


Congratulations Lex and Rita. Who said there's no such thing as love at first sight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cant wait to meet rita, hate the pic of my profile in hugs and kisses pic with you and waylon. Please take down immediently. Oh, and this is my first comment btw