Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Next Step

So Dad saw his neurologist Monday. He told us that he didnt think that they could remove as much of the tumor at Mission as they could at Duke, so we are off to Duke on Thursday. His appointment is Friday morning.

I am optimistic. I looked up dad's doctor at Duke and he seems to be highly credentialed (is that a word?) and has won all kinds of awards and stuff. I don't know if we will just be talking to the doctor and then coming home Friday or if they will admit him for testing or surgery right away. So, in other words, I might be out of town for one night or I could be away indefinately. I am hoping that they get on the whole removal thing fast, so that dad can get to feeling better faster, but we'll just have to see what happens.

I'll keep you updated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell your dad, even though I've never met him before, that I'm thinking of him and hoping for the best!

Anonymous said...

Will do Richard :) Thanks!
-Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly Girl!

I've been saying some major prayers for your Dad & YOUR family!

ALL Day, when I thought of you & your Dad......... prayers were said! I hope you don't mind, but, I passed the word to Myrtle at The Little Store & I know SHE WILL PRAY for your FAMILY! Hey the more prayers the BETTER! A person can NEVER have TOO MANY PRAYERS!!!

I really like you girl, you are sweet & sassy! Your DOG on the other hand...is another story! That DOG needs a major attitude adjustment! It’s got a BA = a “ Bad attitude”! :0 it will most likey bite me the next time I see it! Tell him I bite BACK! :O

PRAYERS ARE BEING SAID FOR YOUR DAD! :)

Talk at me soon!

Jayne

Rachel said...

Thanks Jayne!!!