Monday, April 20, 2009

Let's all vote!

Who thinks that I will pull my hair out before the chemo makes Matt's hair fall out? I'm voting Matt's hair might make it longer.

We went to Matt's chemo appt today only to find out that his white blood cells are too low to continue with chemo this week. We have to go in every day this week for a shot to try to stimulate Matt's bone marrow to make some fucking white cells. Of course, red cells have plummeted as well, so we'll be hanging out at the hospital Wednesday for Matt to get transfused with two units of packed red cells. This was not totally unexpected, but still a bump in the road, and a surprise.

On top of that, I had a doctors appointment today, and when I arrived I was told that I didn't have an appointment, regardless of the fact that I KNOW I spoke to a woman at the office and scheduled an appointment for today at most a week ago.

All this sets us up for a grand ol' time for the next two days. As luck would have it, (sorry if this is too much info, get over it, we're adults here) my yearly pelvic exam is scheduled for tomorrow. My regular doc rescheduled me with some doc in her office who I have never met. I see that doc tomorrow at 9 am for thyroid bloodwork, then at noon we have to be at Matt's doc to get the shot for his white cells, and at 1:30 I have to be at the gyno. I have a history of fainting during pelvic exams, so this should be fun. Then Wednesday we will have to be at the hospital at the ass crack of dawn and stay all day to get the red cells.

Sorry, I'm way less than chipper today. Pissed would be an understatement. And Matt, if you read this, it's not your fault, and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Love you.


Here are some pics from the last few days. I hate to leave on a sour note.


Matt and Fancy


Matt and me


Brenda (Matt's mom) and Matt


Matt with a look of hatred towards his water bottle


Matt is like camo in Elena's bedding :)


Elena and Gina


My precious Elena


This is what you get when you give a three year old a
camera.


Elena's best photo attempt

3 comments:

Ginetta said...

No wonder you never answered your phone! I figured it was a hell of a day. I love you both and I am always thinking of you two. xoxo

RN_Eli said...

Hey, Rachel! Thanks for keeping these posts up. I'm sure it's the last thing on y'all's to-do list these days but it's nice being in the loop a little bit. :-) Andrew, J and I will all be down visiting June 7 - 13 so block out some cuddle time for us! Give Matt my love.

Rachel said...

Love you both, and thanks for reading and commenting :)

Elizabeth, I am glad you are reading this stuff. We've tried to do our best to keep the fam up to date but between my family and yours, thats a lot of people! If your mom has internet, please give her the blog address for me. Cant wait to see you, and get my hands on that darling baby :)