Sunday, June 7, 2009

Celebrations

The past few weeks have been scattered with a lot of celebrations and not a lot of blog posts. Forgive me as I try to catch up :)

We'll start with Memorial Day.


The Memorial Day celebration at Heather and John's
house (thanks for hosting us, guys!!)was really a celebration
of many, many things. Here, Kasey listens patiently as Connie
reads the list of things that we were celebrating (in no particular order).
  • Memorial Day
  • Connie's Birthday
  • Kasey's birthday (early)
  • My birthday (late)
  • Mother's Day (late)
  • Heather getting the breathalyzer taken out of her car
  • Kasey successfully completing his DUI classes
  • Me, Connie, Heather and Erin all getting new cars
  • The death of Matt's cancer
We'll use just about any excuse to fire up the grill :)


Matt's cancer free gift :)


Erin and me. Had to get a picture together
while she still has her hair dark :p


Random Memorial Day ducks in our front yard

Dad's birthday was right after Memorial Day, and we did celebrate, but believe it or not, I didn't get any pictures!! So here is a nice retro shot of dad for you to enjoy.


Dear ol' dad, 1975. Happy Birthday again, daddy. Love you :)

Saturday was Waylon's Birthday. My fur baby is 4!! I can't believe it. Seems like the past four years have flown past. Who knew what a ride I was in for when I brought this dog into my home? He has been a wonderful companion, despite his quirks and less-than-perfect behavior. Marley has nothing on this dog. Seriously. Regardless, I love him to pieces.

Yes, I throw birthday parties for my dog :)


This is NOT how I envisioned the cake in my head, but this
IS how it turned out in reality. I'm gonna have to become
less creative or better skilled at cake decorating (mom, help me!!)
before I have a real child. A human 4 year old would be
ridiculed through high school after their friends saw this cake.
Waylon's friends didn't seem to mind.


My baby brother is not a baby anymore :(
He has grown up into a great guy though,
nice enough to humor me by coming to my
dog's birthday party :)



Waylon is thinking "Want cake NOW!!" Elena is patiently
waiting for us to stop singing, so she can make a wish for
Waylon and blow out the candle.


Look close enough and you can see an entire cupcake in
his mouth. (Spare me the comments about how unhealthy
this is, please. You only turn 4 once.)


Waylon's buddy Winnie.

And finally, here are some pics of the weenie roast at Matt's parent's house today. No specific reason to celebrate but it is not that often that we are able to get so many members of the clan together at once. And if you think about it, there is a lot to celebrate in that neck of the woods. Several cancer survivors, a new grandbaby for Ellen (Elizabeth and Andrew's son, James, who would have been more appropriately named "Absolutely Adorable"), John's birthday was last week and it's almost time for the younguns to be free from school for the summer.


We hadn't seen Katie in ages :)


So peaceful


Evidently it's damn near impossible for me
to do a blog post with this many pictures without
including a gratuitous self-portrait of myself
with Matt. I just love him so :)


Should we really allow this kid to have a stick
with not one, but two, sharp, metal prongs on
the end? Eh, why not?

I promise, one of these days I am gonna get off my lazy ass and actually write a blog entry instead of just flooding you guys with pics. Maybe. :p

8 comments:

Nilla said...

perdy pictures

Rachel said...

Thanks darlin :)

Anonymous said...

And the very sad part is that I remember your dad looking just like that! WAAAAaaaaa!!

Loved the rest though!

Hugs
Kathy

Erin said...

nice, thank you rachel. i was the one who anonymously said more blogs please!! i always enjoy them and can't wait to show mom. she'll like it too. i think waylon's cake was pretty cool.love the colors. sorry i missed it. see you soon.

Rachel said...

Kathy- I wish I had been around to know you guys back in those days. I always feel like I missed so much before I was born :P Cherish the memories :) Hope you are doing well.

Erin- I had an idea that you were the anonymous blog requester :P You know it does my ego good to know that people are reading this thing. Keep it coming :)

ginetta said...

I love the recaps. All the pics came out great! See you soon.

Matt said...

I loved this blog entry. Great pictures! And for the record in the first pic, those are both Kasey's beers. We gotta give Connie credit where credit is due!!!

Rachel said...

Good point, Matt. I should have added Lance and Connie's sobriety to the list!!