Thursday, November 6, 2008

Late, as usual

Ok, so I forgot to do a blog post yesterday, so you guys are getting two today!! Please try to contain your excitement.

I'm gonna start this one off by doing some bitchin. I had a friend on facebook whose status comment on election night was "I am glad Obama won so that I don't have to listen to another 4 years of whining from liberals." Thats some passive aggressive whining if I have ever heard it. I am so sick of people complaining about how much liberals complain. I realize that I am a complaining liberal right now, but I don't give a damn. Why is it not OK to disagree with the government? I am all for respecting the president, but I also believe that he is doing a job for the American people. We pay the man, and we should be able to bitch when he doesn't do a satisfactory job. I am about as liberal as they come but if Obama screws up, you can bet your ass that I'll be the first to complain, but something tells me that you guys know that already.

Here is more bitching. I went to Chick-Fil-A (the spelling of that really bothers me, by the way) today and noticed that they have skipped straight from Halloween to Christmas with their decorations and specialty items. Thats right folks, today is November 6th and you can get a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake at Chick-Fil-A. Maybe it's a winter item and not a Christmas item, but I doubt that. Five dollars to anyone that wants to bet against me that the peppermint shake will be gone by January 1. Wal-mart is already playing holiday music on the intercom, which I can't even hear, but Lex was nice enough to point it out to me. They also have a full assortment of green, white, pink AND purple faux trees on sale, to suit your tacky holiday needs. Blockbuster had a sign on the door yesterday that said "50 shopping days left until Christmas." FIFTY DAYS??? IT IS NOT TIME PUT THE SIGN UP YET!!

Ok, I'm gonna go have a glass of wine, to go with my whine. Check later for a more pleasant post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm canceling christmas this year. Of course, it helps my case that I won't be in this country for the holiday but it also just makes more sense economically. I'm poor, all of my friends are poor, why should we need to buy each other something?

Also, this restaurant near work, I noticed today that they had garland wrapped around the poles outside on the sidewalk. Oh, and for the past day or two walmart has had an ad on the main page of yahoo that said "christmas is cheaper at walmart!" I can speak from former retail experience that the "holiday season" does officially run from 11/1 to 1/1.

Chick-Fil-A is a religious based company, that's why they're closed on Sundays. But damn I love those sandwiches and signature waffle fries.

Rachel said...

Richard, take me to India for Christmas :)

Hi Matt.

Rachel said...

and like richard, I'm poor. I hope everyone likes fudge, cause thats what ya'll are getting for Christmas. I am goin old lady this year. :)