Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pictures and Words

Picture




Words

I would say that this picture was probably taken the Christmas before I turned 16 at approximately 4:30 am. My brother, Joe, would've been on the other side of the camera somewhere. He was five, and at the golden age where a child is at the peak of believing. When I was a little kid, my parents had a rule that no gifts would be opened before 6 a.m. on Christmas day, but we all bent this rule for my brother, because it was such a joy to watch him open everything. My cousin Megan is to my right in this picture, and along with Mom and Dad, we have been Santa all night. It was a blessing to get to experience something so cool at such a young age.

Note: This would have been a really cool post. I was going to do 3 or four pictures and tell the stories behind them. The pics were chosen at random by going to my photo folder and holding down the arrow key for a few seconds and stopping. I was going to write about whatever pic i got stuck with. This post can not be completed because there is something totally wrong with blogger that will not let me upload photos right now. I'll try it again later, but I am too lazy to think of a whole new idea and I am on a NaBloPoMo deadline here. Sorry. All complaints can be sent to www.blogger.com :)





5 comments:

Nilla said...

Too lazy am I to thought this do. Know you did I when sixteen were you. Picture looking at Nilla thinks "was Rachel getting ready to call me"...Know you how hours spend we talking phone on. Days fun were those. Suck so bad life did not.

Nilla said...

Swannananoa come see me in...Misses you does Nilla

Rachel said...

Visit you do I really want to. Good ol days do i miss too! day off when do you have next?

Rachel said...

four wheel drive and new tires do i have. driveway shitty stop me can not. scary is neighbor weird story! visit you in swannanowhere would i anyway.

Rachel said...

Way the by, call today and money ask for megan did. Disappointing was it. Change do I always think she will. Wrong I am proven time every.