Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ya'll Need Men?





Last weekend, Matt and I went with some friends to Hot Springs for a one-night mini-vacation. I had never been to Hot Springs, and was really excited. One hour drive. Hot tub. Some one else is paying the rent. Mini-vacations don't get much better than this. Right?


I started to get a bit nervous on the ride up to the Cabin, when Debi, our lovely driver, informed the rest of us that when she called to make reservations for our cabin, the landlord asked her, calmly, seriously, "Ya'll need men?". Debi told him no, that we would bring our own men, and he responded "that's alright, Ma'am, but if youns changes your mind, you'll need to let me know as soon as ya'll can. These boys ain't bright, just got out of prison, matter of fact. Gonna have to ride all the way up the mountain on they's mules if you need 'em."


Yes, you read that right. The landlord tried to solicit male hookers. Male hookers on mules.


This man further proved his insanity on Saturday morning when he marched up to the door of the cabin and raised holy hell regarding the fact that we had one too many people sleeping in the cabin. Nevermind the 2 a.m. live Elton John cover concert which Erin, Matt and I performed within earshot of this man's porch the night before. That was ok. He never mentioned that. But sleeping one extra person on the sofa seemed to be a serious fucking problem. And of course, he used the old fall-back excuse which seems to always pop up here in the mountains, "Our septic can't handle it."


It's probably for the best that I totally slept through the confrontation that he and Debi had Saturday morning, because I surely would have openned my mouth and caused more trouble than was needed. All in all, when the man who owned our cabin was absent and had his mouth shut, we had a LOVELY trip (thank you, thank you, thank you, Debi). The above picture was taken while we all waited on Debi to return from paying for our night in the cabin. You could cut the tension with a knife. This picture captured it all.

By the way- yes, she did argue with him, and his wife was mortified with his behavior and offered a discount.


13 comments:

RFoor1136 said...

Usins here in Madison County get a little crazy from the White Lightnin and this crazy tobacco we grow.

Rachel said...

Lol :) The landlords wife tried to sell us jelly, but she didnt mention any White Lightnin or crazy tobacco :(

Rachel said...

Lol :) The landlords wife tried to sell us jelly, but she didnt mention any White Lightnin or crazy tobacco :(

RFoor1136 said...

Jelly is the code word. She did not want to tip off the Authorities.

Rachel said...

LOL!! They need to come up with a codeword for gigilos. :)

RFoor1136 said...

There is

Jelly = White Lighting

Butter = Gigilos

AppleButter = madames

So litterally all you would have had to say is I would like a Biscuit with Butter on one side, Jelly on the other, and a bowl of Apple Butter and your night would have been out of this world.

Rachel said...

I have a friend who is moving to Madison County. I'm glad that I know the code now :) lol

Courtney said...

I wish they had men on mules in Shelby. I'll have to settle for Internet dating until we catch up.

Rachel said...

Yeah, but I bet you would still have that same problem with all of then living with their moms. Or in jail. Sorry, Ricky :b

RFoor1136 said...

What are you sorry about. I am not in jail nor do I live with my mom.

Rachel said...

Sorry that you live in Madison County and I have just talked shit about your peers (people in your age group in the same area). Nope, Ricky is probably the only one in Madison County who isn't in jail or living in his mom's basement. He actually has his own house. And a beautiful wife. All the good ones are taken, Courtney. :b

RFoor1136 said...

I would blush if you could see it through the computer.

Rachel said...

Awww :)