Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo Photo Review

It seems only fitting to kiss NaBloPoMo goodbye with a little November 2008 scrapbook. Enjoy :)
I started the month out in an absolutely gorgeous blue dress as the Maid of Honor in my cousin Jessie's wedding. It was the first wedding that I have ever been in, unless you count Brandon and Gina's (they had no Maid of Honor or Best Man, but somehow I ended up standing right beside Gina with a bouquet). I had a ton of fun. Jessie was beautiful, the ceremony was beautiful, and as much as the groom hated it, he looked great in his "penguin suit." I was so honored to be asked to participate in their wedding and I wish them many, many, many years of happiness with each other :)


This is Matt outside the church after the wedding. I just thought this was a cute picture of him so I through it in.


November brought the arrival of Matt's Mom and her camper. I am sure that she would hate this picture, but I couldn't find a better one of her actually in the camper. She has a wonderful smile, she just happens to be in the middle of a sentence in this picture. Her visit didn't end the way we would have hoped, but as always, we had some fun times and it was good to see her while she was here.



Here I am meeting up with the crew from the bakery for our mini-vacation to Hot Springs. This was a much-needed break during a very stressful time for me. Again, thank you Debi!!

Audrey enjoying our new bedding.

Me with the Terrier Twins, Seymour and Waylon. We got Seymour at the beginning of the month and he has turned out to be such a cool dog! This picture was taken on Thanksgiving morning. You can see that Waylon is recovering well from his accident earlier this month.

Uncle Wayne came into town for Thanksgiving and stayed with me and Matt at the house for two days. We had a great time catching up and you couldn't ask for a more polite, courteous houseguest. He just left yesterday and I miss him already. I had really grown fond of his habit of wondering around the house singing Billy Joel songs :)

Me and Matt at Mom and Dad's on Thanksgiving. We didn't dress to match on purpose, but I think we look cute as hell :)

Dad and Mom on Thanksgiving. We have SO much to be thankful for this year. This summer shook our family to the core, but we made it! This was definately my best Thanksgiving ever. I don't even know how to express how grateful I am to have been able to have all of my family together for Thanksgiving. I don't want anything for Christmas this year, just a duplicate of Thanksgiving will make me perfectly happy :)

My brother and Dad talking around the table before Thanksgiving dinner. I love you, Joe. It's been a rough year, and you have been absolutely amazing. You have grown into a strong, smart young man, and I couldn't be more proud of you. I might not say that enough, so now you have it in writing :)

After we ate at my parents house, we went down to Charlie and Ann's (Matt's dad and step-mom) for more Thanksgiving food :) Here is Lex, Matt's brother, before dinner.


Here is me with John Mills, Matt's little brother. He informed me during dinner that we aren't BFF, but we are BFN, which he says means "best friends now", because he can't make any garuantees about the future, lol. Pretty sharp for a 9 year old :)
For all the bitching that I have done, you would think that I would despise NaBloPoMo. Actually, I have really enjoyed it. It is definately inspiring and makes me want to post more often than I ever did in the past. I am going to try to keep posting at least a few times a week. Thank you to everyone who has been watching my blog. I hope you guys have enjoyed NaBloPoMo as much as I have. :)

8 comments:

Nilla said...

It looks like you had a good month. How was Hot Springs, I think I drove through there once but that's as good as it got for me.
Anyway so that's the bridesmaid dress that I noticed in your closet the other day? I look really good and you can so wear it to anything (when it's not winter).
Your mom and dad look really tickled in that pic you took)
and Lex in shoes! I am shocked...I know I called him "crunchy" but his hippy-ness is really what makes him cute...almost sexy in a way if that makes sense.
Yeah I am really high right now...I ll talk to you later.
I love you rachel, we should have a turkey baster baby together.

Nilla said...

We should have a boy! He would definately have dark hair and pale skin and probally look like a cross between Joe and Natalie's kids hehe...
We can force them into show-biz and turn them into the next Jonas Brothers and live happily ever after...

Rachel said...

What would we call them? The Corn brothers or the Wilson brothers? Neither has a good ring to it. We'll have to change our last name to something rich sounding, like Onassis :)

Anonymous said...

John said, "You are my BFFN, best friends for now." Sorry had to correct you. And lets not forget when he told you that you were just another brick in his way.

Rachel said...

Actually, smarty pants, I think it was BFT- best friends today, now that I think about it. It wasn't BFFN, because i know he didnt add a letter, cause i told him BFFN would sound better :b

Yep, I am a brick in his wau, but we've discussed it, and he'd be sad if i died, so we are cool :b

Rachel said...

Ooops, i typed "wau" in stead of "wall". what an odd typo

Megan said...

A few things... 1st- I love that you did a scrapbook-type thing for your last November blog. It was fun reading about your month AND seeing pictures. 2nd- AUDREY LOOKS JUST LIKE EMMY!!! You never got to meet my precious Emmy, but ask Matt, he'll tell you she was so cute & adorable. We had to put her down at the end of August this year and it was quiet possibly on of the hardest things I've ever had to do! I still miss her everyday...begging for food & attention. I just smiled looking at that picture of Audrey. 3rd- "BFN" that comment sounds so much like Matt it made me laugh out loud! I just can't believe how old he is... 4th- The pictures of your parents and the ones of your daddy made my heart smile! :-) I'm so thankful for you too!!

Rachel said...

Megan-

I love how you do your comments numerically. It makes my OCD side smile :)